UN/EDIFACT message analyzer

PhilippDev
Dear folks,

Does Smooks support the analysis of an unknown EDI message?

My scenario is the following:

I am receiving EDI messages of various kinds and types (e.g., ORDERS
D96A, INVOICES D03B, etc.). When I receive them, the are nothing more
than Strings to me. I do know the sender of the message, but I do not
know the exact type.

What I am doing right know is manually parsing the String and then
looking at the UNG or UNH segements for the correct message type (e.g.
D03B). With this information I am accessing the correct mapping factory
of Smooks:

UNEdifactInterchangeFactory factory = D96AInterchangeFactory.getInstance();

Is there a more convenient method to analyze the EDIFACT message version?

Philipp

Re: UN/EDIFACT message analyzer

Thomas K.

Hi Philipp,

i started a similar post a few days ago.
See discussion with Tom here:
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-determine-which-Un-Edifact-InterchangeFactory-to-use--td33223917.html
http://old.nabble.com/How-to-determine-which-Un-Edifact-InterchangeFactory-to-use--td33223917.html

Thomas

PhilippDev wrote:

> Dear folks,
>
> Does Smooks support the analysis of an unknown EDI message?
>
> I am receiving EDI messages of various kinds and types (e.g., ORDERS
> D96A, INVOICES D03B, etc.). ...
>
> What I am doing right know is manually parsing the String and then
> looking at the UNG or UNH segements for the correct message type (e.g.
> D03B). With this information I am accessing the correct mapping factory
> of Smooks:
>
> UNEdifactInterchangeFactory factory =
> D96AInterchangeFactory.getInstance();
>
> Is there a more convenient method to analyze the EDIFACT message version?

Re: UN/EDIFACT message analyzer

ponderMuse
Hi Thomas,

The link you have given in your reply is broken (I think because old.nabble.com is down).

I am interested in knowing what the general approach should be for selecting the correct factory for parsing EDI messages belonging to different directory versions.

Cheers,
PM.